Richard Noll handyman

Asked March 1, 2019, 4:33 PM EST

Richard Noll handymanMy neighbor has chickens to this backyard he allows them to roam free in my yard they also fly over his fence his fence is not completely tied it so he doesn’t it seem to be able to keep the chickens in his own yard also they are very very close to my back window where my bedroom is constantly 24 seven just a rooster is crowing and the smell of chicken guano is overwhelming I live in Montgomery county Pennsylvania what are the regulations for keeping chickens please

Montgomery County Pennsylvania poultry

This is a very location specific question out of the purview of the national extension service. Every state and county is different, as is every city. Most do not allow backyard chickens to go on a neighbors property. If you have spoken with the neighbor and they have not done anything about the problem, contact the local animal control officer. He/She may be able to help you. Your local county extension officer may be able to help you as well.