Please help I beg you

Hey! I have two yucca cane plants that I’ve read everything about and been taking care of them. They are indoors because it’s winter in dc. The past week and half they started wilting and doing yellow. Today when I went to investage - I saw the creepy thing. On the top of the root where the plants divide “social log” there is thing black growth covering the log and it has bumps. It made me almost puke because it looks like an insect egg thing. I’ve spent 4 hours trying to identify what it is and what bug or whatever it is. I can’t find anything and I’m worried bc I know there are some very harmful insects and I have a dog

District of Columbia County District of Columbia houseplants abiotic issues yucca cane growth

Not to worry.
This is not an insect or disease.
This looks like old grafting wax used to propagate the plants. Professional growers make more plants by cutting up and rooting sections of thick stems. You probably didn't notice it before because of the leaf cover.

Now, as far as why your leaves are yellowing and dying back, it could be from multiple issues. Too much water or not enough. In the winter, these plants are 'resting' and only need enough to keep the soil from completely drying out, so not much. It could also be an issue of light or temperature.
Essentially, these plants are native to warmer, brighter areas and are unhappy and show it during the winter in our homes. These and other houseplants like them (gardenias, citrus, hibiscus and other tropicals) can look pretty ragged by winters end but really revive and do best when they are kept outside during the warm summer months.
For this particular plant, it would like to have at least three to four hours a day of direct sunlight.