Mold? Dangerous?

I live in an older building and my ceiling has been leaking for the past year and “repaired” by the rental management company. Above the ceiling is an attic then the roof. I’m assuming this is mold? Could it be dangerous? And the drywall has some fibers in it is it possibly asbestos? I know the best thing to get it tested but management is pretty unresponsive. I may have to do it on my own or look into moving. Any advice or knowledge to ease my mind?

Jefferson County Kentucky mold

Thank you for your question. I am sorry for the delay in getting you an answer. It is impossible to identify the type of mold or to diagnose its danger to your health without examining it under a microscope and, perhaps, doing testing on it. However, all molds and all asbestos carry health risks. I suggest you contact the Louisville Department of Health and Wellness to see if they have testing facilities for either or both of these issues. Even if they do not, they should be able to refer you to an agency that addresses them. Here is the Department's website: https://louisvilleky.gov/government/health-wellness/topics Good luck!