Plant suggstions for a slope

I have a steep slope in the front part of my lawn that can't be mowed with a mower. I use a weed whacker. I want to plant at least part of it. It is about 10 feet down and about 40 feet across and the bottom is a storm drain ditch. I would want the plants to be carefree, dense enough to require little weed control or other planting. and not grow much above feet. I have a limited budget and often transplant from the wild.

Cecil County Maryland

Would that be in full sun, part shade or primarily shade?

Full sun. I'm so sorry I neglected to include that.

Some suggestions for that area could include our native Creeping phlox, Green and Gold (Chrysogonum virginianum) and Tiarella (Foamflower). You could also consider a bank of Black-eyed Susans and Sedum.
You could start small and just convert part of it at a time. For the first couple of years or so you should expect that there will be some maintenance, particularly weeding.
Please see our Groundcover page here, (click on links within) which will help answer specifics: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/flowers/groundcovers