Annual ant invasion.

Once again tiny ants are coming out from behind door and window trim by the dozens. They don't seem attracted to moisture or any foods. They are attracted to the liquid bait traps (Terro} where they soon die..I have dusted ant power along all foundation areas, inside and outside the house, but this has had no effect. The only attraction seems to be from the lite. Thank you for your response. Art Dietz

Lane County Oregon insect issues

I have used Terro with success, but it needs to be carried back to the nest and may take a week or more to show effects. Mostly I use boric acid powder and caulking. Wherever you see them entering, caulk that area well. Electrical outlets, pipes, cracks of all kinds are possible highways. After caulking you can treat problem areas with boric acid powder, but keep it away from pets and children. Are the ants winged? You can get an identification of which ant is the pest at the Lane Extension office on the corner of 10th and Jefferson M-F, 10-1 and 2-5.