what laws apply

Asked February 11, 2019, 1:44 PM EST

i am wanting to start an outreach dinner at our church it will be free or donation we want to hold 2 of these a month in huntington wv what are the laws do you know

Cabell County West Virginia

1 Response

Food laws are normally state or even local based. If you are serving the public, than public food laws would apply, with perhaps some special requirements or exemptions due to your non-profit status. Contact your local extension office to get current guidance on these laws as they pertain to your county & state:

WVU Extension Service
Cabell County Office

750 Fifth Avenue, Room 309
Huntington, WV 25701
Directions to the office

Phone: 304-526-8458
Email: Cabell County

Office Hours: 8:30 – 4:30 Mon-Fri

Or, speak to:

Litha Sivanandan

WVU Extension Specialist Food Safety and Preservation


Thanks, G.