canner gauge testing

Asked February 10, 2019, 12:33 PM EST

our extension office has not had a canner gauge tester for year s and you are not allowed to buy one for your home I tried in Allegan county also they do not have one is there some way we can get VBC MSU extension office to buy one of these testers? I need my gauge tested for accuracy.

Van Buren County Michigan

1 Response


The Kalamazoo County Extension office has a pressure canner gauge tester. Please call Leatta Byrd, the food safety educator for your area or e-mail her and see if you two can't meet up to have your gauge tested. Her e-mail is: and phone is: 269-383-8830.

Thank you for using eXtension Ask an Expert.