Rabbit manure

Asked February 7, 2019, 7:03 AM EST

Can I make rabbit manure tea and sell it. I have 1 pet rabbit and want to recycle his waste.

Estill County Kentucky agriculture rabbit manure estill county kentucky

After some research and speaking with University of Kentucky Regulatory Services official, I determined that personal use and selling of rabbit manure is not regulated. When you make a compost tea with a purpose to sell it, you would be required to register the product through UK Regulatory Services (~$100 fee) and have the product analyzed for fertilizer value. UK Regulatory Services tests and regulates feed, fertilizers, and seed to make sure product's labeled ingredients and claims are accurate.
I found an article from another Extension source on compost tea that may be of interest to you. https://extension.arizona.edu/sites/extension.arizona.edu/files/pubs/az1739-2017.pdf
If you have further questions, contact the Estill County Extension office at 723-4557.