Choosing a weeping crab apple

Feb 4 at 4:34 PM I had a lovely Concolor fir in my front yard (became too big) that needED to be removed. I am looking for something attractive to plant in place of it that will visually block the (fish bowl) dining room window in the spring summer, fall and still have winter interest .. I have thought of a weeping crab apple and have zeroed in on several that seem disease resistant, etc. Carl Hoffman on one of the sites recommended Gladiator , (not a weeping). And also the Dakota Pinnacle Birch (not a malus) which sounded interesting. A Master Gardener at the Arboretum said she thought there was a list of suggested Malus . I would appreciate whatever information you could direct me to for research or suggestions. Thank you, Karen Foot

Hennepin County Minnesota birch crabapple trees

Go to the following websites for information about crabapple varieties for Minnesota:

If you are still interested in a weeping crabapple, consider Louisa, Ruby Tears and Red Jade.

Although Pinnacle Birch is considered urban tolerant, please take the following information into account if you decide to plant a birch tree: