Use of microclover in my Colorado lawn?

I've heard that microclover has been developed to help develop lawns requiring less water and less fertilizer. Can you tell me if microclover does well in Colorado lawns?

Adams County Colorado

To find the most appropriate individual to answer your question, what county in Colorado do you reside? Thanks! Ruth

I've heard that microclover has been developed to help develop lawns requiring less water and less fertilizer. Can you tell me if microclover does well in Colorado lawns? I live in Westminster, Adams County, CO

You should be able to add microclover to a standard Kentucky bluegrass lawn. If the bluegrass is dense and healthy you may have trouble getting the clover to establish though. If you are starting for scratch I have read that 5%-10% of the seed mix should be microclover vs bluegrass.

This sort of mixed clover/bluegrass lawn will need to be managed a little differently. You can find a lot more information on the topic here:https://plantscience.psu.edu/reduce-runoff/questions-about-microclover

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have further questions.