Your Extension website is near useless for information on current events at...

Asked January 31, 2019, 10:19 AM EST

Your Extension website is near useless for information on current events at any given location. I'm trying to find info about the "http://go.osu.edu/AgOutlook19" site printed in the 1/17/19 edition of Farm and Dairy; the file doesn't exist! Q1) Was the meeting held or postponed yesterday? Q2) If postponed... details please.

Wayne County Ohio

I am sorry that you feel that way about the web site, I sense your frustration. The January 30 Ag Outlook Meeting scheduled at Fisher Auditorium was cancelled because the OARDC campus closed on January 30 due to the cold weather. I was notified that Fisher Auditorium would not be open or staffed at 6:40 pm the evening of January 29. There was no option to hold the meeting. All the people who had pre-registered and who had provided the Wayne County Extension office with either an email or phone contact, were phoned or emailed the evening of January 29. In addition, WQKT radio and the Ohio Ag Net radio program were notified and they broadcast the cancellation as well. The staff at Fisher put up signs on the doors.
The Outlook information was taken down from the Wayne web site.
We do try to keep current and on-going programs and events posted.
Again, I apologize if you were not aware of the cancellation. If I would have been able to make the decision, I would have gone ahead with the program. At this time there are no plans to reschedule.
Sincerely,
Rory Lewandowski
Extension Educator, Ag/NR
Wayne County

Thank you for the response. I've attended these meetings religiously for years. Due to health conditions, I was unsure about commiting in advance so I thought I'd simply pay at the door if I were able to go. I live in Medina county, don't hear WQKT, and the door a Fisher Auditorium is certainly too far to check to see if the meeting were cancelled. The most practical place would be for this announcement for the public would be... the public website of the organization that's involved in the affair; The Ag Extension. That's the logic. Anyway... it's over.

Will any of the scheduled speakers make available their Power Point presentation on any website. I'm sure they used them in other meetings and probably still have them. It would be nice to read them ... if they're good enough to convey their thoughts without dialog.

Again, my apologies regarding the cancellation of the ag outlook meeting. I can look into posting some of the presenter publications on our website.
Sincerely,
Rory Lewandowski
Extension Educator, Ag/NR
Wayne County