At what age should I vaccinate my Dwarf/Pygmy cross kid? Also the vial says...

Asked January 21, 2019, 10:43 AM EST

At what age should I vaccinate my Dwarf/Pygmy cross kid? Also the vial says 2ml is that an adult dose or a dose for all sizes? Do I give a booster again a month later? Side question I live on the boarder of Preble and Montgomery county which office would I utilize for future questions? Thank you for this service.

Montgomery County Ohio

regardless of the breed or size, goat kids should be vaccinated between 4 and 8 weeks of age. You need to follow the label directions on the product you use to know the specific minimum age and when buster shoots need to be given, but they are required for good protection. The does for vaccines is the same regardless of the size or age of the animal.

You should work with the county office of the county you live in as a general rule, which do you pay property taxes in. If you are in both counties, then choose which is closer to you or easier for you to utilize.