Help with my soil test results

You were a big help with my one Michigan State soil test results, thank you. Alas, I have one other soil test that I need help with. This test indicated that yearly per 1000ft2 I need are: Nitrogen 1pound and Potassium 2 pounds. Would this be 10-0-20? Or more preferably, I would like to buy powdered Nitrogen and Potassium and mix my own..but I do not know what concentrations or compounds to purchase( I did read your recommendation that potassium sulfate is better than KCl)...but, again, what would the concentration be? Many thanks, Tim Peters

Tim,

Yes, the recommendations on this soil report would translate into a blended fertilizer with a 10-0-20 ratio or a 5-0-10 ratio.

It is perfectly fine to add the individual components (nitrogen and potassium) to the soil separately. If you wish to blend them before applying, just purchase the components and blend them in a 1 part nitrogen to 2 parts potassium ratio.

Does that answer your question?