Powder Post Beetles

I read the answer to the question about getting rid of an infestation of what is probably powder post beetles. In the answer it said that the larvae are buried in the wood for several years. If one were to have their house fumigated, would it reach the larvae, or would you be looking at fumigating again in a couple years or whenever they came bout of the wood? I am asking for a cousin who lives in a double wide mobile home and is having problems with the beetles being all over their house, apparently.

Benton County Oregon insects urban integrated pest management powder post beetles

Thank you for your question. The first step is to confirm that actually is powder post beetles, and Extension experts are reluctant to advise control methods without a positive identification of the insect. Fumigation is not a recommended method of killing them, for reasons largely attributable to their life stages. Perhaps you can get the following Extension article to your cousin, first to confirm their identity, and then to understand how and when insecticides work. I would suggest that your cousin take an insect to his or her county Extension office, regardless of whether they live in Oregon or not. Here is the link to the article: https://citybugs.tamu.edu/factsheets/household/termites/ent-2008/

Good luck!