String of beans succulent not doing too well

hi! just wanted to ask a few questions about my string of beans succulent. i got this plant as a small trimming off of my aunts bigger string of beans succulent and took it home and planted it in a medium plant container with drainage holes. it was doing quite well up until now. there was two cuttings i got and planted into the same container. after planting i watered them in well and was watering every secound to third day with a few light sprays of water. however, one of these cuttings recently died ( ive had the cuttings for about a month ) and just of late I’ve noticed the other one’s roots are don’t seem to be as strong as they used to and the stem is looking brownish in colour however the beans on the succulent seem fine. i thought it might’ve been because i have only recently started to have been watering it once a week - as guided by a lady in my local garden shop, however I’m not sure that’s the case!! any tips on what might be wrong would be heatedly appreciated, i love this plant and don’t want it to die!! thankyou

Outside United States string of pearls plant succulents indoors

Thanks for contacting us. I suspect your cuttings may be suffering from too much moisture. You might try a new cutting if you have enough plant material.

Be sure to use a cactus mix or similar potting medium with good drainage. Let the cuttings cure for a few days before potting them. The potting medium should be just slightly damp, but it is best to err on the dry side. Apply a spray of water about once a week.

Let us know how this works for you, and if you have other questions feel free to write again.