Hemp production

Asked January 12, 2019, 11:04 AM EST

What , if any , news on growing hemp in mason county, in 2019 , do you have? As a farm owner, I am interested in becoming a licensed hemp grower, processor and hemp product producing land owner.

Mason County Kentucky

1 Response

To be able to grow hemp a producer must apply with KDA (Kentucky Department of Agriculture) and be approved. I think the deadline has passed for applications for the 2019 growing season. Look for Hemp Production/Pilot Project on www.kyagr.com for information about the application process. The website will also discuss processor information. Feel free to contact our office with questions 606-564-6808.