TableTop Alberta Spruce and succulent questions :)

Hi, I am wondering if these directions that came with my tiny Christmas tree are accurate, i.e., the best I can do for it right now to keep it going... they say to put it out in this freezing weather right now... and how exactly to do that? Also, I got a pretty succulent plant as a gift a year ago and have been feeding it a tiny bit of Miracle Gro houseplant food every other week along with the weekly watering. Now it has become crazy long and spindly like an ivy!! Need advice on if/when /how to trim it and what kind of pot to put all the smaller plants in? Will they all grow in soil, or should I put them in water first? Sorry for all the questions, and thank you SO MUCH in advance for your response.

Ramsey County Minnesota

Thank you for your submission.

Because questions are handled by staff and volunteers with different areas of expertise, please ask one question per submission as this will expedite the responses.
Please re-send your questions on separate submissions.

We look forward to helping you with your gardening questions.