Toxic plant ?

Asked January 6, 2019, 4:06 PM EST

Could you please tell me again the name of this plant and how I can safely get rid of it ? Thank you, Ioana

Howard County Maryland plant identification groundcovers

1 Response

This is a type of Euphorbia, possibility Euphorbia amygdaloides, which is used as an ornamental ground-cover plant. It is poisonous if ingested. Broken stems will produce a milky sap that may cause skin irritation in some people. Wear protective gloves and use a shovel to dig out the unwanted plants and their roots.


ckc