squirrels in the attic

I live in an up stairs apartment with an attic in Lake Oswego. Squirrels are in the attic gnawing on the wood. I told the owner and they sent out a pest control company that caught four large squirrels in their traps. The problem is the squirrels are getting in through a roof vent which the squirrels have destroyed to get into the attic. The owner is aware of this problem but has not fixed the vent which is also leaking rain water into my laundry room thus the squirrel problem continues. This unhealthy and serious problem has been going on for quite some time now. It looks like mold where the rain water is leaking in my ceiling. What can I do? Is there a test I can get for mold? Also what can I do to get the owner to fix the leaking vent caused by the squirrels? Gary

Washington County Oregon

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.