3 acre field what to do?

I have a 3 acre field that I just let the farmer neighbor .or just bale hay on it. He does it once a year , does not get lots of round bales but it helps. I am pushing 60 years old I have been in construction for 41 years. I just need some ideas or where to start planting trees. I don't need to make money on the 3 acres but I have 5 sons who could benefit from the land. I don't know where to start , I want to start something but I do not know what. Please help me out with some sggestions

Knox County Ohio

Good Morning,

I would suggest contacting the Natural Resources Conservation District (co-located with your local Soil and Water Conservation District). They typically partner with Farm Services Agencies to pay much of the cost for hardwood forest development and can provide technical guidance as well. Another good resource would be you local OSU Extension office. You can find the staff and contact information for every county by using the following link and typing in the county you want (this if for Knox county ) https://knox.osu.edu/