Too cold for my yew in outdoor planter?

Hi - I've never wrapped or brought my yew indoors before, but as I've watched all the needles turn brown over the last cold weeks--in it's new and more exposed location--I'm worried. Should I worry? I think it's a non-native, and from research some time back I guessed it was a Taxus x Media ‘Hicksii’, but I will attach a photo of it (from a few months back when it looked healthy). Thanks for any advice. - Oliver in Portland, (where it's forecasted to drop to 28 degrees Fahrenheit tonight)

Multnomah County Oregon trees and shrubs container gardening horticulture

Protecting the roots of container plants when it gets below freezing can include a few strategies. Be sure the soil is moist, as water will take longer to freeze than air. Wrap the pot and/or plant if daytime temperatures will remain below freezing, or if you need to protect it from drying winds. Move it to a protected spot when severe weather comes. This can be along a house, or in an unheated space. This article gives more details and information: https://www.oregonlive.com/hg/index.ssf/2012/01/winter_gardening_perennials_in.html