What pasture species are good for seeding an undeveloped pasture in south Bend DRW

I am cleaning up about an acre of property and would like to plant a dry land pasture grass. I live in Deschutes River Woods. Can you give me any suggestions on what mixture and what types of grasses I should use. Is there a commercial mix that would be good. I have ran a harrow over the property and will be burning the debris after I will use the harrow to mix the ashes in the soil.
Would it be a good idea to plant now or wait until spring? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Deschutes County Oregon pastures and forages

Some of the agribusinesses in Central Oregon have "native" mixes and "introduced" species grass mixtures that would work well. Introduced species establish easier than native species. Planting time is November 1 to March 1..

If you want to talk about it more or have more questions, call 541-447-6228 and ask for Mylen Bohle.

Mylen Bohle
Area Extension Agronomist
Central Oregon
Crook County
Prineville, OR
541-447-6228
mylen.bohle@oregonstate.edu