Fungus on Spanish Oak

My 50" girth Spanish Oak has a fungal growth about 15' up. The semi circle shelf like fruiting bodies are whitish on top and I believe brown underneath. The growth area is about 6' long and 8" wide and located on a major branch. The tree has undergone major pruning about 10 years ago and is in need of one now. It appears healthy overall however. I am trying to decide between hazard pruning it or taking the tree down now. It is within 40' of our house. Any recommendations would be very appreciated!

Anne Arundel County Maryland fungus hazard tree wood rot trees

This is not a good sign. The fungus you see is a wood-decaying organism.
That entire limb might be compromised, and could be a hazard, but we can not tell that from afar.
If it is important to you, we suggest having it evaluated by a tree health expert called a Certified Arborist. ISA-certified (International Society of Arboriculture) can come and do an on-site visit of all the factors, and check the tree for structural integrity.
Clearly, given it's proximity to your home/property and those of others, you need to either do this or remove it.
Most larger tree companies have an arborist on staff, or you can search for one at www.treesaregood.org

Also, here is our page that helps homeowners decide when to remove a tree:
https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/how-do-you-decide-when-remove-tree

Thank you! This will help in making a decision.