SPRINGTAILS

Asked November 1, 2018, 4:35 PM EDT

MY WIFE AND I HAVE HAD SPRINGTAILS IN OUR HOUSE AND ON OUR BODIES SINCE JULY, AND NO ONE AROUND HERE IN FORT WAYNE, IN SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THEM. ANY ADVICE THAT WORKS WOULD BE SO WELCOME. WE HAVE A VERY CLEAN HOUSE WITH NO KNOWN MOISTURE PROBLEMS. THE HOUSE IS VALUED AT $300,000 AND IN A GREAT COMMUNITY. HAVE HAD 4 DIFFERENT EXTERMINATER COMPANIES SPRAY TO NO AVAIL. WE FEEL LIKE WE ARE GOING NUTS WITH THEM ON US AT ALL TIMES AND EVEN IN OUR SUV'S. HAVE STAYED IN MOTELS SEVERAL NIGHTS TO GET AWAY FROM THEM, BUT CARRY THEM ON OUR BODIES. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Allen County Indiana insect issues

It is very unlike springtails to be in the places you have listed. In order to help you, it is imperative that the insects which are troubling you be accurately identified. This could likely be done with the help of your local extension staff, or feel free to send some specimens to me. The simplest way to collect and send them to me is to pick them up on a piece of cellophane tape. Just the gentlest touch of the sticky surface of the tape is needed in most cases. Try to collect several samples. Then place the pieces of tape onto a piece of paper (again, with just enough pressure to keep it in place) and mail them to me in a small box (not an envelop - automated cancelling machines will smash them). Send them to your local office or to me at 520 W. Front St., Suite A, Traverse City, MI 49684