Suggested Choice of Perennial plants

I have attached a picture of a circular garden area on my front lawn . I recently had the enclosure redone with drainage added. The area is in the sun most of the day it faces the south. I would like to have suggestions of perennial plants that would bloom in the spring thru the fall. Please include when I should plant them. The diameter is 9ft. I enjoy blooming plants but do not want anything higher than 3 to 4 ft. Also I would like to attract hummingbirds. Any suggestions you can give me will be appreciated. Thank You

Baltimore County Maryland plant selection flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

That's beautiful and will be more so when filled with flowers.
Your choices should include colorful native plants when possible, and given it is likely viewed from all angles, you'd want to put your tallest plants in the center, then have two to three more levels of plant material, possibly ending with a groundcover that might spill over the edge a bit. You could also consider a birdbath or small shrub/tree for the center position. We really can't tell from your photo how large this island is.
No perennial blooms all growing season- if you want that, you'd have to add annuals. Perennials usually give a big bloom for a few weeks then rest.
Plan for the mature sizes of the plants you choose and know that it will take about 3 years for them to fill in. You could put in pockets of annuals until they do.
Plants to consider include tulips, liatris, daylilies, coneflowers, coreopsis, butterfly weed, sedum (both groundcover and Autumn Joy), Salvia, monarda, and others that can be found on this list: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/topics/perennials

We suggest getting a book out of the library and search on-line for details about how much care will be needed for each variety, and spend the winter dreaming about what you want to create in early spring.