Small flowers on African violets

I have many African violet plants, some are over ten years old, some are 18 month old plants, grown from seed. I have not brought in any outside violets that could have had a disease, or parasites.
Since summer of 2018, almost all of my plants have started producing either tiny, leathery flowers, or the buds drop off without opening.
They are in natural light, in different rooms of the house.
Some of these have been re-potted recently, but many of the affected plants have had absolutely NO change in their care, or location.
The only possible common factors I can think of are temperature ( it was a hot summer) and the tap water. It is also possible that a disease has been brought in with some other houseplant, but for it to have infected almost all of my violets simultaneously in different rooms seems unlikely.
I am stumped!

Benton County Oregon houseplants horticulture

Thank you for your question. The two plant care issues you don’t mention are fertilization and humidity, both of which are identified as important to plant health in the following article: http://extension.uga.edu/publications/detail.html?number=C660&title=Growing%20African%20Violets Your plants appear healthy; perhaps they haven’t gotten adequate potassium, critical to flower development. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!