I asked the following question on Oct 19. I guess I'm not sure it got thru...

I asked the following question on Oct 19. I guess I'm not sure it got thru properly so I will resubmit it. Thanks. Asked October 19, 2018, 4:23 PM EDT I have a grain bin with corn in it. It is a 30 foot diameter bin and is filled 198.5 inches high. The corn is 15% moisture and a bucket weight of 58. How much corn is in that bin. A second bin is 21 foot diameter and is filled 106 inches high. That corn is 14% moisture and also has a 58 bucket weight. How many bushel is in that bin?

Seneca County Ohio

I'm not sure where your question got directed the first time around, but it just got re-assigned to me on Friday afternoon.
For simple and quick estimations, regardless of grain type or test weight, you can use the following formula:
Bu = 0.628 x diameter squared x Height of the grain (feet)
So for your first bin, .628 x 30x30 x 16.5 = 9,326 bushels
2nd bin, .628 x 21x21 x 8.8 = 2,437 bushels.
The explanation for this simple equation is in the following link to University of Nebraska's crop watch website: https://cropwatch.unl.edu/how-estimate-bushels-round-grain-bin

If you want more detail, and how to try to figure a more exact amount, there are some on-line grain bin calculators that you can google and enter your numbers, or reply back and I will try to find those more complex equations for you, but the above method should give you a reasonable estimate.

thanks,