Mounds of dirt "on the rocks"

I have quite a few mounds of dirt piled on top on my rock yard. The majority of mounds are situated around my single large tree and also my large agave plant. There are also several holes, approximately 3-4 inches diameter, none of which are located by the tree or plant mounds. The mounds are about 4-5 inches tall and about 6-8 inches round. Do you have any idea what is causing this problem? I am afraid something is going to jump out of the hole and bite me. Help!!!

Pinal County Arizona

From the information that I was given, it looks like you are in Pinal County, Arizona. If this is correct, then I recommend that you contact the Pinal County Cooperative Extension office. Here are the names and contact information of two employees who may be able to help:

Ashley Lauren Hall
Area Assistant Agent, Agriculture and Natural Resources
ashleys3@email.arizona.edu
928-978-6752

Rick Gibson
gibsonrd@cals.arizona.edu
520-836-5221x227

If you still have problems, after contacting them, then feel free to reach out to me.