Fruit tree care

We just moved to Kentucky-our property has apple, peach, pear, and plum trees. Where can I get themost detailed information on year round care of the trees? There appears to be lichen growing on the fruit trees as well as the ornamental pear trees we have. We need to know about fertilizing, pruning, winter protection, etc. Thank you very much

Grayson County Kentucky agriculture new farmer grayson county kentucky

I'd love to help you out the best way we can. For starters, there are several publications available through UK Cooperative Extension that deal with just those topics. We also do programs from time to time on fruit trees, and will get the help of KY Master Gardeners for resources. I would advise you to visit our office at 123 Commerce Drive, Leitchfield, KY to see what all we offer. For now, here is a link to the Fruit/Fruit Tree website that has a list of all the publications that might interest you. http://www.uky.edu/hort/document-list-home-fruit .

Thank you very much--I will come by the office and check the publications

siincerely,
Matilda Nelson