Crossbow and Creeping Buttercup in Perennial Rye Grass Lawn

Joy J mention in an earlier post that Crossbow is effective on lawns to kill creeping buttercup. My question is: the label on Crossbow makes no mention of it being used on lawns. I assume there must be a reason for this and although I have already purchased Crossbow, I am hesitant to use it on my perennial rye grass lawn to kill buttercup. Am I being overly cautious or did the manufacturer concentrate on pastures and other agricultural areas and not residential lawn use?

Many thanks for your help

Al

Clatsop County Oregon lawns and turf weeds herbicides

Crossbow is not labeled for use in residential turf. Although an application would not harm your PRG, you would be in violation of the label if you applied to your lawn. There are other 2,4-D plus triclopyr products labeled for this use such as Chaser Turf Herbicide and others. 2,4-D plus dicamba turf herbicides will also control creeping buttercup.