Organic pesticides for fruit trees

Are there any organic pesticides available? What are the names of available organic pesticides and where can you purchase them? Are they as effective as current non organic pesticides? Thank you Ken Pastega

Benton County Oregon

Can you please share more details so I can best answer your question:
What type of fruit tree(s) do you have and what pest(s) are you trying to manage?

General information can be found in the OSU Extension publication 'Managing Diseases and Insects in Home Orchards' available as a PDF or online here: https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/ec631 Some of the pesticides mentioned have an organic formulation (like botanical oils, BT, etc.) but the product used and application timing will depend on the type of fruit tree and pest you are managing. All of the products mentioned in the publication should be easily found at garden centers, home improvement stores or farm supply stores. Effectiveness of specific products varies depending on the pest being managed. I can find more information for you once I know the specifics of your situation.

Thanks for using Ask An Expert and I look forward to providing more specific advice.