What kind of insect is this?

Asked October 12, 2018, 8:30 PM EDT

I’m seeing these big in my kitchen, crawling over my pantry, on my counter tops, I’ve seen a few in my shower. They don’t seem to jump or fly.. they are very slow moving. What is it, I need to know so I can treat it. They are so small

Allegheny County Pennsylvania

1 Response

We see these small beetles here as well. Called the biscuit beetle, they are harmless, but will get into cereals and other containers. Be sure to seal up things.

Thanks, G.