Sugar pie at high altitude

My grandmother in Nebraska always baked a sugar pie—milk, sugar, flour and vanilla. She mixed it in the crust and then baked. DELICIOUS! I have tried making it in Denver with no luck. It is always runny on top. I have tried a little more flour, cook longer at higher temperature, less sugar. Nothing works. What to do?

Arapahoe County Colorado

I think that you are missing one or two ingredients in your recipe. Can you check with anyone in your family to compare the ingredients?

I did a search on sugar pie recipes and found some great ones, but they all had more ingredients than your's. One was an Amish Sugar Pie too. If you do an internet search on your computer I am sure you will find your grandmother's recipe

Also there is a high altitude document that you can get by typing in your SEARCH box the words: colorado state university extension and high altitude cooking.

Hope that these two option help you out.