Morning Glories not Blooming

Hello, I am a pretty good gardener and for years, have delighted in my "Heavenly Blue" Morning Glories. But the last 3 years, I have ended up the season with a very large plant and no blooms before October, when they usually get bit by frost! Right now I have a voluptuous planting of them and it's finally loaded with tiny buds. But, with the cool wet weather, I doubt any will end up being big enough to open before the frost hits. Has something changed in either our weather patterns or in the plants themselves that would account for this change? It seems that they used to bloom by mid August or so. I really miss their beautiful color. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Dakota County Minnesota delayed bloom morning glories

The problem you have described is common and we get many questions about it. That's especially true this year. Still, there doesn't seem to be a single factor that accounts for this. If you go to the following websites you may be able to sort through the possibilities and find one or more that are applicable at your location.

Heavenly Blue is often mentioned in this context. This may simply be because it is a popular variety but it's also possible that it's especially susceptible to the conditions that delay bloom. Try growing more than one variety and see if the outcome differs.