When should I put roundup around my lawn and shrubs

I have had a Japanese Beetle problem for the last few years. I purchased Scott's Grubex. When and where should I apply?

Dakota County Minnesota grub control roundup horticulture grubex

Despite this question's header, we presume the question relates to Grubex, not Roundup. If that's not correct, please reply and clarify the question.

Now is not a good time to apply most grub control products. Follow label directions.

Learn more here:

I meant Grubex, not Roundup. Sorry.

According to experts at the University of Minnesota, "the best time to apply insecticides for grubs is from mid-July until early September. Granular applied insecticides distributed on soil with a spreader are usually the best insecticides for Japanese beetles."

Don't apply a grub control product unless the lawn has been damaged and grubs are actually found beneath the turf in significant numbers. If control is needed, limit applications to the lawn.