insect on hops

This photo was sent from Moses Lake area on hops. It appears to be feeding on stems and flowers.

Adams County Washington hops diagnosis of plant problems insect identification

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
I've examined your photo and researched pests of hop vines. While I cannot be positive without seeing a sample, I believe that these are larva of ladybird beetles, often called ladybugs. If this is true, then they are not damaging the plants, but most likely eating aphids or some other insect.
They don't resemble any of the common pests of hops like cucumber beetle, leaf-eating caterpillars, or cutworms.
To be sure of the type of insect, I would recommend taking a sample into your local Extension office if possible. The Adams County Extension office is at 205 W. Main, in Ritzville. Another option is the Grant County Extension office at 1525 E. Wheeler Road, in Moses Lake.
I hope this helps answer your question. Let us know if you have any additional questions and thanks again for contacting us.