Making sauerkraut class in Douglas county

Are you planning any future sauerkraut making classes in Douglas county anytime in the future? My husband and I would like to take the class as well as many others herein Douglas county that I have spoken with. Thank you for your reply.

Douglas County Oregon

Hi
The Master Food Preservers are doing a class tomorrow, Saturday October 6th at Lehne's Farm stand. I have included the information from their website for you.

Farm Event: “Sauerkraut Extravaganza”

“Sauerkraut Extravaganza!” a demonstration and hands-on class will be taught by Master Food Preserver, Ed Hoffman, on Saturday, October 06, 2018. There will be two sessions, the first from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., and the second from 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Ed will demonstrate how to make sauerkraut, and tell us all we need to know about the process. Printed recipes and instructions will be provided. The demonstration is free of charge.

At the hands-on portion of the “Sauerkraut Extravaganza!”classes, Ed and other MFPs will assist us as we make a 5# batch of sauerkraut in a 1-gallon jar. The cost for the hands-on class is $10.00 (per 5# batch). We will provide the cabbage and canning salt. You must bring a 1-gallon glass jar. Plastic containers are acceptable as long as they are food-grade, and have a wide mouth opening. A limited supply of new 1-gallon glass jars are available for purchase at $8.00 each. Space is limited, so please register and pay for the class soon. We have a sign-up sheet at the Farm.
Call the Farm, at 541-672-2745, or email us if you have questions.

On the day of our “Sauerkraut Extravaganza!”, Saturday, October 6, 2018, we will also have 5# bags of shredded cabbage available for purchase at $10.00 per bag. Please let us know if you are interested in ordering bags of shredded cabbage so that we will have enough prepared that day

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a wonderful day.

Mandy Hatfield

Thank you. We attended and it was GREAT! Keep up the good work and please email us about future classes and programs in our area.