squirrel bot flies?

Good morning, I live in Frederick, MD but I work in DC and I'm seeing the same problem in both locations; many squirrels with lesions and/or nodules on their bodies in the past month or so. From what I've read, mange only causes hair loss and not sores and squirrel pox sounds like it occurs on the joints and head. What I've been seeing seems to be more consistent with bot flies, but it doesn't sound like it occurs in Maryland or DC except maybe occasionally on the eastern shore. I was wondering if maybe the overly wet weather and warming trends may mean that they're becoming more widespread (if that's even what I'm seeing). -Allison

Frederick County Maryland wildlife referral to dnr squirrels with abcess holes

This is interesting but beyond what we do here at Home and Garden.
We refer you to the Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Hotline who may be able to help.
See here: http://dnr.maryland.gov/Wildlife/Pages/plants_wildlife/wildlifeproblems.aspx