My ashitaba suddenly died first photo was yesterday 7pm when I bought it ....

My ashitaba suddenly died first photo was yesterday 7pm when I bought it . Took it home watered and it was fine up to this morning .it looked thetsame when i left it 10am. When I got home 11pm and it's limping. The soil looked dryer than when I bought.maybe it got too hot during the day . BTW I put it just on kitchen counter same place as the picture no direct sunlight and no open windows

Outside United States

Angelica keiskei, common name in Japan is ashitaba, is a member of the carrot family. There is little information on the growing of this plant in my references.

Your plant looks like it is in too small a pot. I would move it into a deeper and larger pot. Keep it moist and out of direct sun until it recovers. When a plant has been recently dug from a garden and placed in a pot, it often wilts and takes time to recover from having its roots disturbed and/or cut. It needs more moisture at this time than it normally would.

Ashitaba is fast growing and considered hardy. It likes moist, well drained soil. It can be grown in part sun to full sun. Size at maturity is about 4 feet ( 1.2 m) The ideal temperature range for growing, in one reference, was 53-72 degrees F (12-22 C). That reference indicated it is cold hardy, but didn’t indicate how cold. I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for using our service.