Hoop house container gardening

Hello. my name is Tracy Ryan and I am FoodCorps AmeriCorps Service Member serving out of The Environmental Center in Bend. I am serving in Three Rivers School in Sunriver connecting kids to healthy food in their school. I have a teacher asking me about converting an old bike rack that is outside of her classroom into a hoop house style container garden. She is wanting to do a DYI Earthbox type container and wanting to plant foods that would be applicable to a Thanksgiving theme. The area is located on blacktop against a brick wall. I would like some advice on how to go about making this happen if feasible. Appreciate any help you can send my way.

Deschutes County Oregon hoop houses horticulture

Hi Tracy,

There are a lot of questions I would need to have answered to further assist you. Will there be a heat source? It may be helpful to have photos of the bike rack, how is she wanting to use that, just as structural support? Is she wanting to grow into November? You are welcome to call me at the number below and I can further assist you over the phone.

Thanks,