How to keep anything from growing

I have a 3 ' x 30' area between my garage and a fence with a padio on the other side . I have worked my but off fighting the black Berry's and weeds that seem to love that area. What can I put down that will keep anything from growing there ?????

Jackson County Oregon weed prevention

Thank you for your question. Because plants can be annuals (the mother plant creates seeds every year) or perennials (the plant survives year after year, even though may not be able to see it), it is important to know what plants you have. Blackberries come back year after year, and you either need to remove all parts of the plant, including roots, or apply an herbicide to the leaves (specific vine killers are available). Annual plants can be controlled by applying a pre-emergent herbicide in the spring, which keeps the seeds from germinating. Without knowing exactly what your other ‘weeds’ are, it’s hard to recommend methods. Applying a thick mulch will keep weeds at bay, too, by preventing sun from reaching them. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

The studs are large almost an inch thick. I can't get to roots they are under the con concreec slab. Is there anything I can put on the black berry stumps. Is there anything I can just put down and nothing will grow ? I have heard salt, vinigar, oil, lie, crossbow .....the other weeds are not a problem it really is them black berry Bush's . Thank you so much for your help, this has been an eye oppenin exsperexpe.

Here is an article on blackberry controls: https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/2054/2014/04/Himalayan-Evergreen-Blackberries-2014.pdf To keep out other weeds, add a thick layer of mulch, either on a sheet of thick plastic, or oh bare ground treated with a pre-emergent herbicide such as Preen, per label directions. That keeps seeds from rooting. Good luck!