I am getting confusing info. On how to save this evergreen, any advice would...

I am getting confusing info. On how to save this evergreen, any advice would be helpful.

Stark County Ohio

Hello from Lake County. Thank you for letting me help you with your problem. Without any other information about the shrub, I would say you have sun scald/leaf scorch. There are other very dry looking leaves in your mulch. And the progression of brown needles from the outside with green inside would indicate that. However, I have no other information to go on. Would you answer a few questions so I can help you better? 1. How often have you been watering? did the bush dry out? Did you water too much? 2. When and how did you plant the shrub? How large is it? Was there much time before you bought it and transplanted it ? 3. What is your soil consistency? Do you have clay or well drained soil or rock? 4. I see no insects from your picture, have you seen any, or block spots or white spots on the needles? 5. Have you ever had a soil test done? Do you know your PH level? 6. How do you fertilize? How much? Please respond with the answers to these questions. In the meantime, here is a fact sheet on leaf scorch. Please copy and paste the link to your browser. http://www.mortonarb.org/trees-plants/tree-and-plant-advice/horticulture-care/leaf-scorch