Will it grow in Charles County Md.?

I am considering planting one of the following plants in a location that receives sun 1/2 - 3/4 of the day in Charles County, Maryland, and I need to know if it will grow in this location. Two arborvitaes that have been growing in this location for about 20 years have become so big that I think I should replace them with smaller plants. I know that the soil is right because the two existing plants have become so big. (1) Ware ( also called Siberian ) Arborvitae, which is conical and grows only 5 or 6 feet high and (2) English Yew ( also called baccata adpressa ), which also is conical and grows only 5 or 6 feet high.

Charles County Maryland shrubs arborvitae normal growth english yew

Both of these should grow just fine for you in Charles County.

1. The Siberian arborvitae 'Ware' is an Arborvitae occidentalis, which like moist soil but can tolerate drought when they are well established. Be sure to water during dry spells when it is young. Tolerates light shade.

2. The English Yew cultivar of 'Adpressa' has been known to grow to 30 feet. One of the variations may grow less tall. Very shade tolerant.