Brown leaves and cobwebs/ indoor palm(?)

Hi. My mother passed away and I have brought her plants home. I do not have a green thumb but really wanna keep them alive. I have a palm(?) that is turning brown and seems to have little cobwebs near the stems where the fronds come off... not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated. I can give you more info and send pics if you’d like. Thank you in advance!! Stacy

Crawford County Michigan gardening houseplants indoor plants

Good evening,
It looks like your palm plant has spider mites. Most insects require weekly spraying of insecticidal soap for at least three weeks.Make sure you spray top and bottom of the leaves when using insedticidal soap. If possible prune off some of the infested branches to reduce the populations and isolate bug-ridden plants from other plants. For more info on houseplants, check out http://urbanext.illinois.edu/houseplants/
Thank you for using Ask an Expert and if I can help with any other information please let me know.
Good Luck with your palms.