what happened to my rhodendrum

This is the first full year of this plant; it was healthy when I planted it last year, it weathered the winter. I gave it some stem strengthener (or something) this spring that Gertens recommended. It was healthy, flowered and had new growth, including leaves and height. The 1st 2 pics are when I noticed the leaves started curling, the 3rd pic is what it looks like now. I called Gertens where I purchased last year; got confused - she said it could be that way from too much water or not enough water. She asked what kind of soil ? I don't know. The other confusing aspect is I have 2 mini pjm rhodos in the same area and they are still healthy. This started around early August; I thought it was maybe humidity. Any eductaion/help you can provide me would be most appreciated. Thank you

Ramsey County Minnesota

There could be any of several reasons. They cannot stand wet feet so if your soil doesn't drain well, the roots will start to rot. Rhodos also need acidic soil. I don't know what Gertens recommended, but a fertilizer for acid loving plants is what was needed. Also, if it is planted too deep, this will happen. The root ball should be almost a soil level. Here is a link to some suggestions: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/rhododendron/yellow-rhododendron-leaves.htm