Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries

I.m removing my six blueberry plants this fall (18+yrs old) due to chronic mummy berry disease. I've tried everything & plan to relocate a new bed elsewhere in the yard. Suggestions for mummy berry resistant plants? Also, want to plant some raspberries & blackberries in the existing blueberry space, 11' X 16'. Is that a large enough area; for how many plants? Suggestions for everbearing? We live out of Stayton on 1.5 acres, with rocky, clay soil. Thanks. Pam Davis

Linn County Oregon

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about Mummy berry. Blueberries and caneberries grow at completely different pH, so it would not be recommended to plant those in the same location. Caneberries require more space too, as their root system spreads widely and deeply unlike blueberries. The best way to know what to plant next is to test the soil before making any decisions.