Blueberries

My three blueberry bushes produced very small berries that i didn't pick before the hot summer sun fried them. Now they're still on the bushes, as even the birds aren't interested! What to do? Must these be removed soon in order for a new crop to grow? They are planted in full sun but are given organic compost each spring, which may not be helpful. I've not used sawdust, which i know they like, as it seems unsightly in the midst of my landscape. Ideas? Thanks. These bushes are very low to the ground (knee height) and were planted about 7-8 years ago. In the past they did produce some nice berries.

Marion County Oregon

Your new crop won't be until next year, so at this point you might as well remove them when you prune your plants in the winter. Unless they are a small variety, an 8 year old plant should not be very low to the ground. I suggest you read the following publication, so you get a better idea of what needs to happen to your blueberries:
https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/ec1304/html
Once you understand what your issues may be, please don't hesitate to stop by our office to talk to the master gardeners, they now a lot about blueberries and can assist you further.

Thank you,