How do I treat browning evergreens

I have about 25 to 30 evergreen trees, most are Colorado Blue Spruce. I've noticed that there are brown branches on most of the trees, but one in particular is brown about half-way up it. Is there a way to treat the trees to keep them from dying? I'm attaching a few pictures. What could be the problem? Thanks! Julie

Wright County Minnesota plant disease spruce diseases colorado blue spruce

Spruce trees, especially blue spruce in Minnesota, are subject to a number of pests and diseases that cause needles and branches to die. Although the rate of dieback varies depending upon growing conditions, once it begins it is usually progressive.

In many cases, onsite examination or even laboratory analysis of affected needles is required to determine what disease or diseases are present. We advise asking a certified arborist or forester to assess the trees' health onsite and recommend a course of action.

In the meantime, information at these websites may be useful: