Please ID plant

Can you please ID this plant? I want to see if it's invasive/bad, or good:) In the photos, you can see a butterfly bush behind it that I planted, but I'm not quite sure where this plant came from. It has no flowers on it, and has two half-inch stems coming up at the ground that split off. Leaves are heart shaped. Size of the plant is about 4' high and like 6' across/sprawling.! Thank you so much!

Olmsted County Minnesota plant identification japanese knotweed

So far as we can tell from viewing the photos, the plant appears to be Japanese knotweed. Leaf shape for this plant is variably described as heart-shaped, shield-shaped or spade-shaped. If this ID is correct, the plant is considered invasive and should be removed.

Thank you so much Bob:) So does this Japanese knotweed get spread by the Japanese Beetle, which I have??? Just kidding...thanks again! Georgia

Historically there has been quite a bit of horticultural exchange between Japan and the USA, intended and unintended.

Here is part of that story, but just a part: