Identify insect

Can you help me identify an insect that appears on the front stoop of my door? I can send a photo or mail an example. It's in the form of hundreds of small larvae or grub like forms.

Montgomery County Maryland snails insect or spider id slugs and snails

Thank you for contacting eXtension. Please do send a photo (up to three can accompany each request with this form) and if you can include an object for scale--such as a ruler or a US coin--that can be helpful.

Here are three photos of the insects. The scale in the ruler is in centimeters.

This looks like snails. They need adequate moisture to survive. Make sure water is not collecting in the area and dry it out. Simply scoop up and discard the snails.

Thanks. I never thought of that. They usually appear on my front stoop, which is cement and faces south and is normally dry (not lately). They crunch when stepped on. Do they do any damage? Any problem with just sweeping them on the lawn or should i put them in the garbage?

It is possible that the snails could feed on fallen leaves, ground covers, some vegetables, etc. Discard in the garbage.